MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU)

5 posters

Go down

Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU)

Post by Soundragon 7/8/2011, 2:26 pm

Of all the things that players have suggested for Racing in LEGO Universe, I am pretty sure the suggestion in highest demand was a request for weapons - items you can pick up while racing and shoot at your opponents to slow them down. I always liked this part of racing games, and I agree that racing in LU would be much better with it!

Well, with the last Patch, some new files came in. I hadn't really done much to look into how MUCH had been added, but when I did I found a few new things.

Among these, I found something very interesting in regards to Racing - Racing Pickups.

They were in both image and 3D file format. One was a missile and one was a land mine. I instantly knew these were the weapons a lot of people had been asking for, and it is really cool that the dev team is really starting to put our ideas to work!

There were two things I did note, however. One was that the form of the icons that were used for the pickups was very un-LEGO-Universe-like in appearance. More along the lines of something you'd see in a flash game. While they are definitely meant for the full LU game (there wouldn't be 3D models otherwise) this DOES suggest that they are in early testing. Also, it is good to note that the file I found them in was labeled "test". Which logically holds test items. These items may never make it out of testing.

But it is certainly good to see that our ideas have at least reached Level 2, so to speak. Razz

Would you enjoy using a land mine or a missile in racing? And which do you think you would enjoy more? Smile
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :
Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Re: Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU)

Post by Roddy15 7/8/2011, 4:37 pm

Hate that rubbish like Mario Kart! I've always told them that the handling of the car out of jumps was way off! They've never listened to that as that would give more closer racing. The damage system is wrong too! I don't play racing on it because I enjoy clean, fast, competitive racing and only games like Forza, F1 2010, GT5 etc. give that.
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :
Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-29

Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Re: Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU)

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 7/8/2011, 7:01 pm

Sad It;s bad enough when people push you into the wall!
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 7/8/2011, 8:38 pm

That's exactly why I don't play it
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundragon 7/8/2011, 9:54 pm

Well, if they listened to us here and took that long, they probably did the same with Roddy's idea. Smile

There's at least a few months left before it's out. I'm sure they'll refine it, if it releases at all. Razz
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 7/10/2011, 1:18 pm

Wow that's pretty cool! I only hope we get a new computer soon so that i can ACTUALLY do racing without glitches and people passing me because of my sad computer.....
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 7070
MLN Name : steelersrule12
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Empty Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by Legostudios34 7/12/2011, 5:11 am

Well, looks like another thing to do tomorrow or Thursday.
Legostudios34
Legostudios34
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1534
MLN Name : legostudios34
SPAM Bar :
Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Left_bar_bleue1 / 501 / 50Racing is gonna get More Interesting Soon! (LU) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-17

Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Bronze MOC - Silver

http://legotownandtrain.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 7/14/2011, 11:13 pm

steelersrule12 wrote:Wow that's pretty cool! I only hope we get a new computer soon so that i can ACTUALLY do racing without glitches and people passing me because of my sad computer.....

I feel your pain...
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down