MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility

+7
Trident
Roxtus
fatemaster72is¥®
Uncooked Chicken
Richthofen
Samdo
BobaFett2
11 posters

Go down

LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Empty LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility

Post by BobaFett2 3/19/2010, 8:04 am

This may happen to you:

You get the coolest new LEGO Game, and it doesn't work. I've tried trading the disk for a new one, and buying a new one but it still doesn't work. So there must be something wrong with my computer. But after it gets a virus and is sold by my dad, LEGO Star Wars still doesn't work on the brand new shiny computers.

And then my problem intensified:

I bough LEGO Indiana Jones, and loved it. However, to my dismay, I discovered that in the middle of the 3rd Last Crusade level my computer kicked my and said there was an error. I bought a new disk but it still happened. Except now I was down 20 dollars.

Even worse was what happened with LEGO Indiana Jones 2. After waiting for months to get what would be the coolest game ever made for PC, I found that it was perfect. Nearly. It couldn't even start Last Crusade! I was so angry, I asked LEGO. They told me to ask Lucasarts. So I did, sent them a DxDiag file. They said nothing was wrong with my computer, and gave no suggestions. By this time I was absolutely shaking with anger at LEGO. The only game that actually worked on my computer was LEGO Island Xtreme Stunts (and it's predecessors), which my neighbor broke.

So, once I got invited to sign up to Beta Test, I signed up. After less than a week I was accepted. I started, and it seemed pretty cool. But guess what: on one computer you couldn't even talk to Sky Lane without it freezing, and on the other, once Avant Gardens started loading the computer froze entirely!!! I was so mad that I would have wrote a loathing email to LEGO. But I didn't. I don't know why.

Last edited by BobaFett2 on 3/19/2010, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
BobaFett2
BobaFett2

Total posts : 52
MLN Name : georgeeric999
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-29

Back to top Go down

LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Empty Re: LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility

Post by Samdo 3/19/2010, 8:10 am

1 i have lego star wars and lego star wars 2 and they both work on my PC
2 please dont use any "swear" or "cuss" words on your post........
3 what type of operating system do you have?
Samdo
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 7400
MLN Name : Ssalrab2
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue13 / 5013 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-12

Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Empty Re: LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility

Post by BobaFett2 3/19/2010, 8:11 am

I use XP but I'm trying to make my dad get windows 7. By cuss words do you mean Freaking? If so I won't say it anymore, sorry.
BobaFett2
BobaFett2

SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Samdo 3/19/2010, 8:17 am

[quote="BobaFett2"]

Even worse was what happened with LEGO Indiana Jones 2. After waiting for months to get what would be the coolest game ever made for PC, I found that it was perfect. Nearly. It couldn't even start Last Crusade! I was so p*****, I asked LEGO.

BobaFett2 wrote:I use XP but I'm trying to make my dad get windows 7. By cuss words do you mean F*******? If so I won't say it anymore, sorry.
1 i put it in RED and removed most of the word
2 i dont personally thing that word is a cuss word (the one you just said) but it is not allowed here......
the other is a commenly used cuss word and i think you should say something like "VERRY MAD" not that word........

Last edited by Mr.EPIC on 3/19/2010, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Samdo
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 7400
MLN Name : Ssalrab2
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue13 / 5013 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-12

Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by BobaFett2 3/19/2010, 8:19 am

Ah, I see. No problem. I never thought of that as a swear word but I'll avoid saying it.
BobaFett2
BobaFett2

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Richthofen 3/19/2010, 10:07 am

You should check and see if you have at least DirectX9 and that your .dll files aren't corrupted.
Richthofen
Richthofen
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 212
MLN Name : golemthebest
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BobaFett2 3/19/2010, 10:08 am

Thanks!
BobaFett2
BobaFett2

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncooked Chicken 3/19/2010, 1:55 pm

I don't know, but things like that have been happening to me. I have Lego Indy 2, and mine crashes in the exact same place! Plus, I've got some issues with LU, but I'm thinking that's just due to my slow computer. Like Richthofen, it might be DirectX, but I'm not sure.
Uncooked Chicken
Uncooked Chicken
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Total posts : 3178
MLN Name : Beeky31
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-09

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Uten_n11

http://www.legozoneforum.forumh.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by fatemaster72is¥® 3/19/2010, 2:11 pm

Try redownloading the file.
fatemaster72is¥®
fatemaster72is¥®
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 473
MLN Name : RETIRED
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-08

http://www.roblox.com/User.aspx?ID=3258692

Back to top Go down

Post by Richthofen 3/19/2010, 4:16 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to download the full version of Lego's computer games.
Richthofen
Richthofen
Standard Member
Standard Member

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Roxtus 3/19/2010, 4:19 pm

He probably means reinstalling.
Roxtus
Roxtus
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 6822
MLN Name : niusiek
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue3 / 503 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-22

Poster! - Gold Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Star Wars

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gotta-get-a-grip/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncooked Chicken 3/19/2010, 4:22 pm

Well, I've tried reinstalling a couple times. Didn't work, and it crashed in the same place.
Uncooked Chicken
Uncooked Chicken
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Total posts : 3178
MLN Name : Beeky31
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-09

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Uten_n11

http://www.legozoneforum.forumh.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Richthofen 3/19/2010, 4:47 pm

Uninstalling doesn't always work since most companies don't make proper uninstallers that remove everything. Have you guys tried searching for this bug on google?
Richthofen
Richthofen
Standard Member
Standard Member

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Trident 3/19/2010, 4:54 pm

Indiana Jones 2 doesn't work for me at all... Sad
Trident
Trident

Total posts : 3094
MLN Name : Hidro444
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by BobaFett2 3/19/2010, 5:10 pm

That stinks. And to Ritchofen: I know it won't work because I did that with LEGO Indiana Jones
BobaFett2
BobaFett2

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by emiliox-2 8/22/2010, 7:04 am

bobafett get indiana jones 2 on your PSP if you dont have it wait till christmas only a couple months away anyway.
emiliox-2
emiliox-2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Total posts : 1283
MLN Name : emiliox
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue16 / 5016 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-24

Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by zipster16 8/22/2010, 2:40 pm

Guys, this is kinda the wrong forum to put this topic. It's for MLN Glitches. I'm moving it to the LEGO Games forum.
zipster16
zipster16
zipster16
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Total posts : 1418
MLN Name : zipster16
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-05

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/publicview/zipster16.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by emiliox-2 8/22/2010, 2:54 pm

true its got nothing to do with lego nor MLN so not really a topic for here........................................................
emiliox-2
emiliox-2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Total posts : 1283
MLN Name : emiliox
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Left_bar_bleue16 / 5016 / 50LEGO Games and Computer Compatibility Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-24

Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by cmanrox 10/14/2012, 4:14 pm

Had so many updates on Lego .com It took like an hour for it to load Im not kidding
cmanrox
cmanrox

Total posts : 11
MLN Name : cmanrox123
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagleeyedan2 10/15/2012, 4:15 pm

I've found that games older than LEGO creator don't work on Wndows 7 Sad That means no LEGO Island :'( Good thing there is still and XP in the house Razz
Eagleeyedan2
Eagleeyedan2

Total posts : 32
MLN Name : eagleeyedan2
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down