MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LU Tech Support Topic

4 posters

Go down

LU Tech Support Topic Empty LU Tech Support Topic

Post by Flipz 1/17/2011, 4:14 pm

Well, since the official LU tech support team is about as helpful as a Flash Bang is against a Maelstrom Dragon, I figured we should try and help each other with our LU tech issues. If you have a problem, or you want to help someone out with theirs, please post here. Wink

EDIT: Just for the record, I'm talking about the TECH support team. The rest of the LU support team is great, and very helpful!
Flipz
Flipz
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 563
MLN Name : flipz
SPAM Bar :
LU Tech Support Topic Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LU Tech Support Topic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-16

Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Star Wars

http://mln.lego.com/publicview/flipz.aspx

Back to top Go down

LU Tech Support Topic Empty Re: LU Tech Support Topic

Post by Roddy15 1/17/2011, 5:05 pm

And also to add here you will get an answer instead of being put on hold on the love chat. Very Happy

Anyway I have a problem where 1 of my flare guns dissapear from time to time. It is still there but not visible. I reported it as a bug and they replied asking for my laptop specs.. I supplied it and they said I needed to update the software in my nivida geforce 300m. All help will be thanked! (if you need more details of my comp. please pm me Very Happy)
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :
LU Tech Support Topic Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LU Tech Support Topic Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-29

LU Tech Support Topic Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver LU Tech Support Topic Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundragon 1/17/2011, 5:15 pm

Roddy15 wrote:And also to add here you will get an answer instead of being put on hold on the love chat. Very Happy

Anyway I have a problem where 1 of my flare guns dissapear from time to time. It is still there but not visible. I reported it as a bug and they replied asking for my laptop specs.. I supplied it and they said I needed to update the software in my nivida geforce 300m. All help will be thanked! (if you need more details of my comp. please pm me Very Happy)
I would go with their advice on this one. If your software is out-of-date, then it is very likely that that is the source of the problem.

However, mine is as up-to-date as it gets, and my entire character disappears at times. Quite funny, but oddly annoying at the same time. Razz

I would place my bet that this is either a RAM or a vRAM problem. Most likely vRAM. Any idea how much vRAM your graphics card has? Is there any way you can update the card to something with more vRAM?

I think the typical amount of vRAM these days - unless you're a hardcore gamer - is 250 MB. Which is what I have, and I still get graphical bugs. Razz

Lowering the graphical quality might help. If the problem still persists, a reinstallation might be your last resort, albeit it may solve the problem. (As it does in many cases.)
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipz 1/17/2011, 6:09 pm

^Agreed. Also, check your DirectX; it should have installed/updated when LU was installed, but on some of my older Lego games there was a bug during installation that prevented it. That caused similar "disappearance" issues in those games; it may be the case now.
Flipz
Flipz
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 563
MLN Name : flipz
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-16

Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Star Wars

http://mln.lego.com/publicview/flipz.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 1/18/2011, 12:04 pm

Ok my RAM is 4GB however I'm not sure about VRAM but here is the display details:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 330M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2225 MB
Dedicated Memory: 474 MB
Shared Memory: 1751 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: Nvidia Defaul
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.940Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver File Version: 8.16.0011.8867 (English)
Driver Version: 8.16.11.8867
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Also my DirectX is updated to latest version I make sure of that 24/7 Razz
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SPAM Bar :

LU Tech Support Topic Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver LU Tech Support Topic Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by MLN Team 1/18/2011, 8:41 pm

Roddy15 wrote:Ok my RAM is 4GB however I'm not sure about VRAM but here is the display details:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 330M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 2225 MB
Dedicated Memory: 474 MB
Shared Memory: 1751 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: Nvidia Defaul
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.940Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver File Version: 8.16.0011.8867 (English)
Driver Version: 8.16.11.8867
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Also my DirectX is updated to latest version I make sure of that 24/7 Razz

What operating system are you on - vista / windows 7?

There is a new Driver:

New in Release 266.58
Version: 266.58 WHQL
Release Date: 2011.01.18

This is the driver - and it supposed to improve performance on some systems. but I'd read the notes and make a backup of your existing driver before installing just to be sure.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-266.58-whql-driver.html

This is the link to enter your details and it tells you which driver to download and install
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us&ptid=1&psid=52&pid=0
MLN Team
Current Founder and Administrator
Current Founder and Administrator

Total posts : 82
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-09-17

https://mlnteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 1/19/2011, 2:26 am

I'm on windows 7. Thanks goethite links Linda they should help Very Happy
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down