MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots:

4 posters

Go down

Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Empty Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots:

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 6/16/2010, 2:36 pm

I have been asked by the support team to make a list or map of "lag"spots
in the various areas of LU.. places where you can get stuck running in place, turned around, or even pushed back a from where you came, and other places you get stuck.

If you are in the Beta, I would like your help, as I haven't been as much around as some of you.
Using general terms to not violate the NDC, please submit them in as much detail as possible.

For Instance:

There is one spot in A G, on the path to the monument in between the quick build and base of the monument is the "gap" you build the bridge over. Sadly, if you get caught in the gap, you can remain there for a long time, especially if there is a lot of activity. Smashing yourself does not work, as it rebuilds you right back in the exact same spot, on the grassy side of the gap. Otherwise, in the gap what happens is you begin to run back towards the quick build, and you hit a spot that literally backs you up to where you started running.
Adding to the misery is the fact that the instruction pops up to show you how to double jump just after you BUILD the quick build... which is totally unnecessary, since by then there have been many situations where a double jump is necessary.. Perhaps you can remove the instruction??.

Additionally, if you wish you may PM me if more detail is required that could not be included in public. Use the term MAP in the subject.

PLEASE DO NOT use this topic to say " I never got stuck there" etc.. however, if you have a solution to a lag spot, you may post it.
Please submit map spots as soon as possible, so I can get the list back to them.
Thanks.
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :
Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Empty Re: Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots:

Post by Tithe 6/16/2010, 2:39 pm

Near the GF launch pad, I suddenly fell into the grass like quicksand, acted if I was "Floating" on the grass, and a shark suddenly ate me. Will post the coordinates soon.
Tithe
Tithe

Total posts : 3555
MLN Name : Reesesboy

SPAM Bar :
Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-11

Lego Universe Team Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Empty Re: Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots:

Post by Uncooked Chicken 6/16/2010, 2:39 pm

The first area, up until the camp with the first vendor in AG often gives me a lot of lag. I think it's due to the large number of enemies and the fact that everyone comes into it that creates the problem. It mostly just makes the game run a bit choppy, though, so it's not that big of an issue.
Uncooked Chicken
Uncooked Chicken
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Total posts : 3178
MLN Name : Beeky31
SPAM Bar :
Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-09

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Uten_n11

http://www.legozoneforum.forumh.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tithe 6/16/2010, 2:42 pm

Yes, beeky, I often have that problem too. The bus can get stuck on the ground.

SOLUTION: Try going up the rocks on the left of your screen to climb over the wall, or go through the gap on your right.
Tithe
Tithe

SPAM Bar :
Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncooked Chicken 6/16/2010, 2:43 pm

It usually doesn't give me lag problems that bad, but I think that's happened to me a couple times. It's a good thing there's that open spot on the left.

Last edited by Beeky31 on 6/16/2010, 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uncooked Chicken
Uncooked Chicken
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

SPAM Bar :

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Mission: To make a map of "lag" spots: Uten_n11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 6/16/2010, 2:44 pm

* Remembers the NDA *

I would send a PM to the LU beta team. =P
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncooked Chicken 6/16/2010, 2:45 pm

Also, in the second battle area in GF, the game tends to slow down, presumably because of all the weather effects and enemies.
Uncooked Chicken
Uncooked Chicken
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Tithe 6/16/2010, 2:46 pm

LAG POINT: Often at NS, coming back from lauch pads or walking into certain areas can cause the game to think you have been eaten by a shark. You do not get smashed, but the game thinks so.

SOLUTION: No solutions have been currently found.
Tithe
Tithe

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 6/16/2010, 2:56 pm

Sim533 wrote:* Remembers the NDA *

The goal is for me to send the LU support group one email with as many of the spots mapped out as possible, so that they may see if there is a possible single cause for all of them.. ( eg people landing or taking off)

There may not be a single cause, but it is highly possible that there is... which would make the fix quicker than working on one path at a time...

Last edited by MsRowdyRedhead on 6/16/2010, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Tithe 6/16/2010, 2:57 pm

LAG SPOT: Sometimes when going next to a skunk, when you are sprayed, the framerate drops.

SOLUTION: None
Tithe
Tithe

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 6/16/2010, 3:01 pm

MsRowdyRedhead wrote:
Sim533 wrote:* Remembers the NDA *

The goal is for me to send the LU support group one email with as many of the spots mapped out as possible, so that they may see if there is a possible single cause for all of them.. ( eg people landing or taking off)

There may not be a single cause, but it is highly possible that there is... which would make the fix quicker than working on one path at a time...
Check the PM's at MLNteam.

I also know one, but I need to get on LU for the exact combination and description. I'll PM you about it on MLNteam and on MLNo.
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 6/16/2010, 3:04 pm

Thanks.. I appreciate everyone's help!
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum