MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes

Go down

My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes Empty Re: My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes

Post by RedRocky29 4/11/2010, 9:20 pm

I found these here http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/theodore_roosevelt.html
RedRocky29
RedRocky29

Total posts : 3197
MLN Name : codyrocks24
SPAM Bar :
My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes Left_bar_bleue1 / 501 / 50My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-08

Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars

Back to top Go down

My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes Empty Re: My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes

Post by RedRocky29 4/11/2010, 7:15 pm

I am not done
The most successful politician is he who says what the people are thinking most often in the loudest voice.
The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name.
The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.
Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace.
When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all.
Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
RedRocky29
RedRocky29

SPAM Bar :
My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes Left_bar_bleue1 / 501 / 50My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRocky29 4/11/2010, 7:12 pm

and there are these
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.
A typical vice of American politics is the avoidance of saying anything real on real issues.
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
RedRocky29
RedRocky29

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRocky29 4/11/2010, 7:08 pm

And these
I think there is only one quality worse than hardness of heart and that is softness of head.
I took the Canal Zone and let Congress debate; and while the debate goes on, the canal does also.
If there is not the war, you don't get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don't get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.
RedRocky29
RedRocky29

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes Empty My favorite Theodore Roosevelt quotes

Post by RedRocky29 4/11/2010, 7:04 pm

Here are some of my FAVORITE quotes by Theodore Roosevelt
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.
Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.
Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!
RedRocky29
RedRocky29

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down