MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LU End-Of-Beta Statements

+6
Flipz
steelersrule12
Seemefly
-CrimsoN-
Hobino
Tithe
10 posters

Go down

LU End-Of-Beta Statements Empty LU End-Of-Beta Statements

Post by Tithe 9/26/2010, 7:12 pm

Since we lego fans have been dreaming of playing LU since there was news of LU alpha testing. Now since that the LU closed beta has finished, we are waiting for Open- Beta. While we are waiting, We should post our final thoughts in statements.

If you got that Beta invitation you always wanted, you immeadiatly went to download and play LU. We all had different thoughts about the gaming experience, but the final minutes before it shut down were probably you testers partying like I was. Even though it seems sad about no more beta, we take a look at what we have done to the game, and what a difference it was back then. All those glitches we have encountered have been ones that were annoying, but that deep sigh you are taking should not be in vein or sadness. Instead, it should be with joy that we could communicate with all sorts of LEGO fans, and working together has made a great difference. No matter what has happened in the beta, we would say yes to this game in a heartbeat.

I salute all fellow testers for their hard work!

Last edited by Tithe on 9/26/2010, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tithe
Tithe

Total posts : 3555
MLN Name : Reesesboy

SPAM Bar :
LU End-Of-Beta Statements Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50LU End-Of-Beta Statements Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-11

Lego Universe Team Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

LU End-Of-Beta Statements Empty Re: LU End-Of-Beta Statements

Post by Hobino 9/26/2010, 7:19 pm

Wow, great!
Those last minutes were really great, you are right on everything.

Thank you for having posted that! Very Happy
Hobino
Hobino
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Total posts : 695
MLN Name : Hobino
SPAM Bar :
LU End-Of-Beta Statements Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LU End-Of-Beta Statements Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-13

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Stop Motion

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/hobino.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by -CrimsoN- 9/26/2010, 8:08 pm

Didn't realize that it had just finished but ..

*Removes from computer*
WOOPEE, now I can have my space on my Computer back.

Sorry guys, but I would say no to this game in a heartbeat.
-CrimsoN-
-CrimsoN-
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 206
MLN Name : ty7mitch
SPAM Bar :
LU End-Of-Beta Statements Left_bar_bleue1 / 501 / 50LU End-Of-Beta Statements Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Seemefly 9/26/2010, 8:09 pm

Thank you. I had a great experience my first game testing!
Seemefly
Seemefly
Global Moderator in Training

Total posts : 2228
MLN Name : Seemefly

SPAM Bar :
LU End-Of-Beta Statements Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LU End-Of-Beta Statements Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-01

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/seemefly.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 9/26/2010, 8:16 pm

Well it's been great. I remember it from the very beginning,i was SO excited i was excepted right before beta started and looking back at my experience it's been great. To those days when i could only be on AG to now a wide range of worlds and abilities. I remember 2-3 years ago to where they just started advertising LU on lego.com,on how great it's going to be and that there is another MMO coming out on the market. I couldn't wait,from those days from where all they had was drawings,to now the very own masterpiece they have been working on.

Those are my words,rest in peace beta,and now the game will come out. Can't wait! Smile

Last edited by steelersrule12 on 9/26/2010, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 7070
MLN Name : steelersrule12
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-09-30

LU End-Of-Beta Statements Empty Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by Seemefly 9/26/2010, 8:17 pm

Yeah steel that's what my feelings were about the game too.
Seemefly
Seemefly

Total posts : 2228
MLN Name : Seemefly

SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-01

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/seemefly.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipz 9/26/2010, 9:55 pm

I recall my days in the early Alpha testing, when the launchpads at the end of Avant Gardens looked like the ones in the original LU trailer and led directly to Gnarled Forest. I remember when Nimbus Station was Zorillo Station, and its only useable attraction was the Concert Area. I remember when the faction equipment (at any faction, at any rank) consisted of a black shirt, a blue ballcap, brown pants, and a fish wand. I remember despicable glitchiness and the unfailing comraderie and loyalty of fellow Alphas who banded together to overcome it.

I remember the early days of Beta, when achievements finally triggered consistently, and when the newly-released Pet Cove (then called Pet Rock) was so popular that the servers couldn't stay online for more than three minutes. I remember when the shirts began to have an image other than a fish skeleton on them.

I remember when Forbiddden Valley was new, and actually fun. I also remember the Dark Times, when an influx of new Betas introduced kill-stealing and the unfortunate trend toward difficulty. I remember when the community became so hostile just prior to the Great Wipe that I considered leaving Lego behind entirely.

But most of all, I remember the friends, here, on the LU Creation Lab, and in LU itself who reminded me how integral Lego is to my life and to my identity. I remember how they encouraged me, through their joy and creativity, to re-enter the world of Lego Universe after the Wipe and discover a deeper, more enriching world. I remember the joy of helping some of those friends to achieve amazing things, and them helping me in return. I remember those friends, like Brickan, Bricknave, CheshireCat150, and our very own MSROWDYREDHEAD, whose constant devotion (even from the very beginning of Alpha) to the fundamentals of beta-testing--constant feedback, both positive and negative--inspired me to continue to play and test and report. I remember those friends new to Beta who quickly took up the cause and helped me countless times along the way--Sim533, Beeky31, and Dudeman565, I'm looking at you. And of course, I remember everyone else here who was in Beta--whether I ran into you in-game or not--whose enthusiasm reminded me every day why I love Lego and why I love this game.

So rest in peace, LU Beta, but more than that, thank you...for introducing me to such incomparable friends.

--Flipz
Flipz
Flipz
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 563
MLN Name : flipz
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-16

Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Star Wars

http://mln.lego.com/publicview/flipz.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 9/26/2010, 10:58 pm

Hey what about me. Razz JK! Anyone remember the "early" properties? I liked those more actually. More space and actual neighbors. I wish they would do something like that in the future.
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Mega Member
Mega Member

SPAM Bar :

LU End-Of-Beta Statements Empty Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 9/26/2010, 11:17 pm

Well, I enjoyed many of the users which helped me and which I met in LU beta.

I really hope there will be a second LU beta sometimes... Smile
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 9/27/2010, 2:02 am

Despite me complaining about the price I did enjoy it. Once I heard about KIC members getting to alpha test, a day later I got an email to
Alpha test. 10 months of non-stop testing. Thelast thing I did was went to live chat and gave my last bit of feedback
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

LU End-Of-Beta Statements Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver LU End-Of-Beta Statements Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 9/27/2010, 2:15 am

The last thing I did was I got my panda! I will write more after I have time to reflect and to decompress.
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tithe 10/1/2010, 6:50 pm

-CrimsoN- wrote:Didn't realize that it had just finished but ..

*Removes from computer*
WOOPEE, now I can have my space on my Computer back.

Sorry guys, but I would say no to this game in a heartbeat.
Gee, thanks for the warm heart to LU, Mr. Sunshine.
Tithe
Tithe

Total posts : 3555
MLN Name : Reesesboy

SPAM Bar :
LU End-Of-Beta Statements Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50LU End-Of-Beta Statements Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-11

Lego Universe Team Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundragon 10/1/2010, 10:18 pm

Oh boy, where to start...

I remember back in February (or was it January?), while Alpha testing was still up and running. I literally found out about Alpha Testing one day too late!
However, I was soon pleased to find that the alpha was soon announced to be coming to its close. I breathed a sigh of relief - the wait was almost over, I was able to sign up early thanks to a legit Twitter link... all seemed fine, at first.

But then one week's wait turned to two. Two to three, three to one month... by the first few days of March, I had given up hope that I'd ever get a key.

Then, on March 10, in one of my random email checking sprees, I just so happened to catch the Beta Invite out of the corner of my eye! I was so shocked, and excited!

So, I quickly fired up VMware (I didn't know about Wine porting, and there were no talks of a Mac-native port at the time) and downloaded the game!

(Funny, the game only took 45 Minutes to download then. XD)

After I completed a day and a half's worth of school (it was Wednesday; the game schedule was only up during Tuesdays and Thursdays), I fired up VMware again and started playing!

My first impressions were breathless. The amazing graphics, challenging (enough) gameplay, and astounding scenery instantly had me hooked to the game! There was one little problem, however - Avant Gardens was the only world, not counting the Venture Explorer. Once you finished AG, you were through until further notice.

That "further notice", I believe, came about a month later, with the introduction of Nimbus Station. On opening day, the place became crowded with people, and rumors quickly reached my ear that you could even join a Faction! (The rumors were false.)

After some exploration - and rocking out at the concert - I once again became a little bored with the two worlds available.

Then we were introduced to Gnarled Forest. This world impressed me more than any others passed - though admittedly I noticed several differences between the real deal and the CES version - some of which were real bummers! (And some of which still haven't been added back!) So once again, we explored, we conquered, we got bored... repeat. Razz

Overall though, the Beta Test was great! I think I made more friends then than I ever will again in-game, sadly. Sad

Oh yeah - the End of Beta Blast was a real Blast too! I never have been able to organize an event like that in the past - and I can't wait to share the video later on!
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 10/1/2010, 11:12 pm

Haha we almost have the same story legofan. Although i wasn't a day off from the KIC alpha keys,i was a few hours. Razz Very Shocked But i found the link on twitter,and did the process for my 2 little brothers account and to our surprise,ALL 3 OF US were excepted. Very Happy So i played the game whenever i had a chance,hours and hours the first 2 months of play. Razz

It was very fun. I have played other mmo's before but this one blew my mind. Of course there were the ups and downs we had,but in the end,it just ended up being an awesome game.
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Mega Member
Mega Member

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down