MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank

+2
Gir
Richthofen
6 posters

Go down

All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Empty All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank

Post by Richthofen 3/15/2010, 6:34 am

Before I start, I'd like to state a few things:

1. This guide is incomplete, as I am only at rank 8 at the moment.
2. This guide is subject to change.
3. I'd like help from people at rank 10, if possible, to tell me the drop rates of each item from every module (i.e. get 1000 clicks on one module, tell me how many items were sent to friends). For items such as rough diamonds, I would like to see a rank 4, with only 1 friend, get 500 clicks and report their results.
4. LEGO has the crazy idea where "working together with as many friends as possible" is the strategy you should use to maximize your rank. Do not do this. For instance, say a rough sapphire has a 5% drop rate. Then, on average, 1 out of every 20 clicks will lead to a rough sapphire being sent to a friend. If you have more friends, then the change of one specific friend receiving the item will now only be 1/20*1/number of friends. Therefore, having a lower number of friends is to your advantage, since if you work together, they can send you the items you want, and vice versa.
5. This guide shall be used to calculate the theoretical number of days/clicks it would take to go from rank 0 to rank 10. To simplify calculations, the number of bricks needed for most tasks will generally be ignored.
6. I will generally ignore the steps for each rank, since they are stated elsewhere on this forum.
7. I assume that if you need clicks, you will be trading clicks 1 for 1. Therefore, I assume you do not get free clicks.
8 If a module requires a "win" to get an item, I will assume that their is a 50% chance of winning.
Here's the guide:

Rank 0:

Code:
This rank requires 0 clicks. Therefore, this rank shall be ignored. Note that you start out with 50 red bricks, you will have 38 red bricks after this rank. You will have 20 clicks after this rank. You start on day 1 and end on day 1.
Rank 1:

Code:
Will be calculated on another date.
Rank 2:

Code:
Rank 3:

Code:
Rank 4:

Code:
You should trade for the items, instead of building your own modules.  You need 500 clicks in order to gain the masterpiece. I believe the gems have a 0.05 drop rate, therefore you should buy your gems if someone is selling them for less than or equal to 20 clicks per. Dino Horns and Dino Scales may take too long to grow. Thus, it is most likely the case that you should buy them. (Can someone tell me their average price)? This rank should take you around 2 weeks.
Rank 5:

Code:
You need 400 clicks for the licenses. Let's arbitrarily add in an extra day to obtain the Gated Garden module. I assume the diamods/gems/rubies were already obtained from rank 4. If my memory serves right, the gypsums/pipes are better bought, since the modules for them have a less than 0.05 drop rate, and most shops sell them for much less than 20 clicks per.
The loose spark module should never be built. It takes 1/0.15=~6.6. clicks to get 20 modules. Thus to get 50 (actually 60), you'll need around 20 clicks. Note that this assumes you have 20 arcade tokens, which would cost ~500 blue bricks. Whether the risk is worth the reward is up to you. If this risk is too high, you're still better off buying them (refer to gypsums/pipes). I'll arbitrarily say this rank will take a month. More data is needed in order for me to determine the actual drop rates of gypsums/pipes.
Rank 6:

Code:
You need 550 clicks (50 for rank 9) in order to get the amount of hit singles to pass rank 6. Every other part of the masterpiece takes less than a day to obtain. Thus your best option is to team up with other rank 6s on a group performance module and finish the rank as quickly as possible 550/(68*3)=~3 days of clicking.
Rank 7:

Code:
You will need 700 clicks in order to get all the totemic blueprints. Therefore it is better to just buy the totemic animals. In order to pass rank 7 and rank 8, you need 4 totemic turtles, 3 totemic rabbits, 4 totemic wolfs, 3 totemic mouontain lions, 4 totemic snakes, 5 totemic owls, and 2 totemic hawks. That would be 26 animals in total. Thus 700/26~=27 clicks per animal. After factoring the costs to the components of each animal, you are far better off buying the animals rather than building them.
Rank8:

Code:
See rank 7. You also need 20 banners, 10 from each side. It should be clear that you should buy the banners rather than build more animals. The philosophical stones/fairy dusts should also be bought, since you will not have enough orange bricks if you're efficient. You should also find someone with a pet robot or pet punkling module and get on their friend list. Have them block everyone on their friend list except for you, then click on the pet robot/pet punkling module. If you can get on a symbiosis module as well, but do not get on one if it costs you over 20 clicks a day. It won't be worth it then.

Edit: 27/03/10 Rank 8 updated.

Last edited by Richthofen on 3/28/2010, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Richthofen
Richthofen
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 212
MLN Name : golemthebest
SPAM Bar :
All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Empty Re: All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank

Post by Gir 3/17/2010, 12:25 pm

Nicely done!!! I bet it took alot of work, the only thing that would make this better was if I was a lower rank so i could use it =P
Gir
Gir
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Total posts : 1029
MLN Name : Spacemanspiffy
SPAM Bar :
All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Empty Re: All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank

Post by SupremeCommanderSturm 8/11/2010, 6:36 am

Nice. Are you ever going to write ranks 1-3?
SupremeCommanderSturm
SupremeCommanderSturm
Co-Founder of MLN Team and Shop Monitor
Co-Founder of MLN Team and Shop Monitor

Total posts : 1711
MLN Name : SupremeCommanderSturm
SPAM Bar :
All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Left_bar_bleue10 / 5010 / 50All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-17

http://www.roblox.com/User.aspx?ID=560189

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 8/15/2010, 6:26 am

That seems to be a good guide, however that I'm already rank 10.
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 8/15/2010, 10:38 am

thanks for this awesome guide please make rank 1, 2 and 3.
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tithe 8/15/2010, 11:12 am

I believe this may be rank 3:
Code:
For this rank, you will need to race. If you want to go through this rank as fast as possible, use the right race track modules. Stunt track modules have a higher chance of giving the guest victory ribbons. The Rank 3 stunt track has 3 victory ribbons, so use that the most to help you.

Likewise, Race track modules have a higher chance of giving the owner of the module the victory ribbons. Rank 3 race track will give 3 ribbons, most likely the owner will win on the first click.

Drop rates have not yet been calculated.
Tithe
Tithe

Total posts : 3555
MLN Name : Reesesboy

SPAM Bar :
All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-11

Lego Universe Team Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 8/15/2010, 11:17 am

Ok cool make rank 9 then Very Happy
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SPAM Bar :

All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tithe 8/15/2010, 11:19 am

I can't make rank 9. I'm only rank 5.

BOT
Tithe
Tithe

Total posts : 3555
MLN Name : Reesesboy

SPAM Bar :
All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50All Purpose Guide to Maximizing Increase in Rank/Minimizing Time Needed for Increase in Rank Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-11

Lego Universe Team Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 8/15/2010, 11:24 am

Not you the owner of the topic
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down