MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play

+9
FreddyderHamster
Sim533
Minifig3D
steelersrule12
PyroTurtle41
Roddy15
Soundragon
FatCatNine
Bugefun
13 posters

Go down

Important LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play

Post by Bugefun 6/21/2011, 6:16 pm

I didn't know where to post this and I've been gone for a WHILE but I just learned LEGO Universe will have a free part in August.
The free version will only have access to 3 worlds. Also the game will no longer be in a box, but will be a free download for everyone. The membership for access to everything will still be $10 a month.
Bugefun
Bugefun
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 146
MLN Name : Bugefun
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-09

Lego Universe Team

http://www.bugefun.com

Back to top Go down

Important Re: LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play

Post by FatCatNine 6/21/2011, 6:47 pm

Bugefun wrote:I didn't know where to post this and I've been gone for a WHILE but I just learned LEGO Universe will have a free part in August.
The free version will only have access to 3 worlds. Also the game will no longer be in a box, but will be a free download for everyone. The membership for access to everything will still be $10 a month.
So, let me understand this; It will be useless still if you don't pay for it monthly?
FatCatNine
FatCatNine
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1773
MLN Name : : (
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-02

Poster! - Bronze MOC - Bronze
LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Uten_n11 LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Uten_n11

https://discordapp.com/invite/vQV8hFn

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundragon 6/22/2011, 9:05 am

FatCatNine wrote:
Bugefun wrote:I didn't know where to post this and I've been gone for a WHILE but I just learned LEGO Universe will have a free part in August.
So, let me understand this; It will be useless still if you don't pay for it monthly?
No, not useless.

Picture it this way:

Were you in Beta?

If you were or if you were not, Beta was free. And it was fun. The chat was so screwy we basically couldn't chat. We initially only had access to the VE and AG. At one point we didn't even have a property to build on, and MAN was it fun once it was released!

Even at the beginning of Beta when gameplay was limited, we got the feel of the game and really had a good time.

Essentially, they are bringing back Beta in its earliest stage. And yes, it WILL still be fun.

Be happy they're giving us anything for free! Plus now, we won't have to worry about paying $40 up front! Smile
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 6/22/2011, 9:51 am

Sounds like they are giving people a demo option in a way and eventually they will have a sign whenever you log in saying
"Want access to new worlds and factions, then sign up for LEGO Universe membership for $/£/€9.99* a month!
T&C Apply"
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by PyroTurtle41 6/22/2011, 10:46 am

That sounds excellent. I enjoyed Beta tons, so this will be great. Razz

If AG is available, then I hope you can do AG survival. I loved that, I got a 16-minutes solo in Beta. xD
PyroTurtle41
PyroTurtle41
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 708
MLN Name : PyroTurtle41
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-02-17

Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-US/PublicView/PyroTurtle41.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 6/22/2011, 11:56 am

Yeah the only worlds you can go on are VE and AG,and your able to build on the block yard. Unfortunately you can't do survival because it said when you sign up to be a member,you will have access to more worlds,more properties,minigames,ability to chat,and also trade.

I don't understand the trade and chat thing though,i mean come on,your only in AG and can't even do a minigame,a lot of the fun is in a lot of the other worlds mostly. I'll send in something to lego about it. But other then that i see this free trial thing is going to be pretty awesome,and going to make LU grow a lot! Very Happy

Last edited by steelersrule12 on 6/24/2011, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 7070
MLN Name : steelersrule12
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-09-30

LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Empty Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by Minifig3D 6/23/2011, 8:37 pm

I just saw this in an email and am really exited about it! I loved LU while I was in beta, but purchasing the game would have cost far too much for me at the time. Even with the limitations, I will be glad to play LU again and play around with any updates they make that are able to be seen in the free version.
On a different note, I haven't been around in a while... Did LU ever unlock that boss spider area in AG that was unavailable in beta?
Minifig3D
Minifig3D

Total posts : 39
MLN Name : Minifig3D
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-05-29

Lego Universe Team Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 6/24/2011, 4:26 am

On a different note, I haven't been around in a while... Did LU ever unlock that boss spider area in AG that was unavailable in beta?

>>>>> Nope...
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FreddyderHamster 6/24/2011, 8:01 am

I'll may play that version, does anyone know when it's released?
FreddyderHamster
FreddyderHamster
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 401
MLN Name : FreddyderHamster
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Minifig3D 6/24/2011, 9:18 am

So far it is going to be sometime in August, that is all we know.
Minifig3D
Minifig3D

Total posts : 39
MLN Name : Minifig3D
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-05-29

Lego Universe Team Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by LBK10 6/30/2011, 1:45 pm

I'm really exited about this and I hope my dad will let me download it. I've been thinking about buying LU for a while but I just didn't know if it would be worth it. So hopefully this will tell me yes/no. Smile
LBK10
LBK10
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 1338
MLN Name : legobatmankid10
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-11-01

Star Wars

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/legobatmankid10.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Elli 6/30/2011, 1:51 pm

YAY!! Though how in the world will I get it on my computer which has no internet. My mum won't let me install it on hers..... Hmmm.. Problemo....
Elli
Elli
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Total posts : 2267
MLN Name : elliwhi1008751
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Left_bar_bleue13 / 5013 / 50LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-18

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Uten_n11

http://mln.lego.com/us-en/publicview/elliwhi1008751.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by LBK10 6/30/2011, 1:52 pm

Wait if you comp has no internet how are you on here?
LBK10
LBK10
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 1338
MLN Name : legobatmankid10
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-11-01

Star Wars

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/legobatmankid10.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Elli 6/30/2011, 1:56 pm

I'm on my MUM'S computer which has internet.
Elli
Elli
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Total posts : 2267
MLN Name : elliwhi1008751
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Left_bar_bleue13 / 5013 / 50LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-18

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Uten_n11

http://mln.lego.com/us-en/publicview/elliwhi1008751.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 7/1/2011, 1:24 am

That's gonna make it tough, Elli...
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Legostudios34 7/1/2011, 8:06 am

I guess I'll play the free one. I hope my computer can run it.
Legostudios34
Legostudios34
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1534
MLN Name : legostudios34
SPAM Bar :
LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Left_bar_bleue1 / 501 / 50LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-17

Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Bronze MOC - Silver

http://legotownandtrain.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 7/1/2011, 2:46 pm

Well you can make LU take up to only 5GB i think which isn't much also recommend computer specs can be found on LU's website
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver LEGO Universe is going Free-to-play Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum