Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by Tithe on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:47 pm

The recent "Teleport to friends" icon to teleport to friends on other servers can be used as a glitch. I will NOT tell the glitch, but I HIGHLY advise you NOT to use it if you find it out. It can get you trapped in minigames. I am currently trapped on the vertigo loop racetrack. All there is is my minifig and a black car with strange parts:
Paragon warp 1 (I think) rear panel
Paragon warp 1 rear bumper
Hyperstarter side panels
Mint condition engine (All of it is black)
Bumper is not recognized.

Anyways, I do NOT want anyone anymore to get trapped in minigames. Do NOT do it!

Tithe
Super Member
Super Member

Total posts : 3555
MLN Name : Reesesboy

SPAM Bar :
2 / 502 / 50

Registration date : 2010-04-11

Lego Universe Team Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by Sim533 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Thanks for the reminder! Wink Contact a mythran to get you out.

_________________________________________
~Sim533~ The minifig with imagination is never alone. ~

Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

View user profile http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by Soundragon on Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:18 am

In minigames, that makes sense.
Everywhere else I've used it, it works fine. Thanks for letting everyone know though! Smile

Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

View user profile http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by MsRowdyRedhead on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:23 am

You have to decide if it is worth time off game to exploit a glitch. Now that LEGO has begun banning for such things, it seems rather foolish to say the least.
This requires specific definite steps which is pretty much proof you intended to trespass in areas not legitimately open to you.

MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

View user profile http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by Soundragon on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 am

MsRowdyRedhead wrote:You have to decide if it is worth time off game to exploit a glitch. Now that LEGO has begun banning for such things, it seems rather foolish to say the least.
This requires specific definite steps which is pretty much proof you intended to trespass in areas not legitimately open to you.
Ah...

This isn't the same kind of glitch. The reason they banned players for the other bug is because players who used it were gaining a blatantly obvious advantage. AKA... cheating. Wink

If the policy on OoB bugs changed since they last told us it was a non-banable offense, they would have alerted us accordingly. Smile

Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

View user profile http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by MsRowdyRedhead on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:53 am

If it was always against the posted TOU, there is no need to.

BTW This also includes posting file diving of things to come!


MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

View user profile http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by Soundragon on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:46 am

MsRowdyRedhead wrote:If it was always against the posted TOU, there is no need to.

BTW This also includes posting file diving of things to come!

You're reading into that a bit too much. Razz
(Please don't read this like I'm trying to be rude - I'm not. Wink)

There's absolutely nothing in the ToS or EULA that warns users against going OoB. Absolutely nothing. Could be changed later on, but it isn't likely. (And I don't think the mods would have told us we wouldn't get banned for it if it was a breach all along. Razz)

Hmm... I've read that too. The only thing is I've asked some BB's about it, they just warned that I be careful to not alter anything. (Found out they were strict on that the hard way. Razz) And again, I've learned that the mods are picky about the topics they permit on the LMB's - I doubt they would have let Ivantest through, as well as the posts on how to open it, if they did not want us doing it.

Images, on the other hand... yikes, I'd like to disagree with you but you've got a point...

Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

View user profile http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by MsRowdyRedhead on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:13 am

"EULA"
A permanent ban will lead to a suspension or complete termination of your Account; this could be because of, but not limited to, serious breaches of the Terms of Service such as extreme hate speech, *Violation*68* predation, persistent bullying and trouble-making.

A temporary ban will lead to a suspension of your Account pending investigation into your behavior. This could be for, but not limited to, reported bullying, hacking, griefing and gold farming. In such circumstances your subscription will continue without you being able to play. Investigations will be completed in a reasonable time. Once any investigation is complete, LEGO reserves the right to reinstated or permanently ban your account.

What is says that if you are doing things that are not cool, we will ban you and determine if it is bad enough to permanently ban you. It is common to use blanket statements like this. First to cover things that may not be accounted for or may arise later. And second to not spell out the details in which a player may cheat. Also admitting that bugs may exist an may be exploited is not a common practice in EULAs.

Bottom line, don't cheat. Don't do things outside the scope of the game and you will never have to worry about getting kicked off.

MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

View user profile http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by Soundragon on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:18 am

MsRowdyRedhead wrote:
"EULA"
A permanent ban will lead to a suspension or complete termination of your Account; this could be because of, but not limited to, serious breaches of the Terms of Service such as extreme hate speech, *Violation*68* predation, persistent bullying and trouble-making.

A temporary ban will lead to a suspension of your Account pending investigation into your behavior. This could be for, but not limited to, reported bullying, hacking, griefing and gold farming. In such circumstances your subscription will continue without you being able to play. Investigations will be completed in a reasonable time. Once any investigation is complete, LEGO reserves the right to reinstated or permanently ban your account.

What is says that if you are doing things that are not cool, we will ban you and determine if it is bad enough to permanently ban you. It is common to use blanket statements like this. First to cover things that may not be accounted for or may arise later. And second to not spell out the details in which a player may cheat. Also admitting that bugs may exist an may be exploited is not a common practice in EULAs.

Bottom line, don't cheat. Don't do things outside the scope of the game and you will never have to worry about getting kicked off.
Again, I must emphasize the fact that it was brought up by a CM that OoB's are only gray areas.

Those guys know the EULA and the ToS. They're extremely strict on those terms, and we all know that. Razz

There is no way, no how, that they would EVER give us the indication that going OoB was in ANY way okay by them unless it actually was. If it was something they would ban you for, they would tell you. If it was something they would suspend you for, they would tell you.

These guys aren't little speculative kids - they actually understand the entirety of the rules they have in place. Wink

Right now, it's a bit of a gray area. We don't tend to ban people for it, but if we find that it is causing issues with the game or you got to those areas using a hack or something, we'll take action.

There is, however, the off-chance it could be causing issues with the game. If that's the case, they will "take action". Same case if you hacked the game to get OoB. Those both make sense.

Right now it is clearly labeled as a gray area. Apparently they neither like nor dislike our going back there, and if it shifts to the "dislike" end of the bar, then we'll want to stay away.

In the future, however, we may take a firmer stance against this behavior.

I see where you're coming from. It's very possible that the policy may now have changed. Hopefully this isn't the case, but if it is... at any rate, I have asked Elementron for an update. Hopefully it won't be negative. Razz

...and once again, doing such a bug in a minigame is reportedly and truthfully a terrible idea altogether. Razz

Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

View user profile http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Teleporter glitch- Do NOT use!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:19 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum