MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The chat IS broken!

+2
Soundragon
Sim533
6 posters

Go down

The chat IS broken!   Empty The chat IS broken!

Post by Sim533 2/2/2011, 3:45 pm

Couldn't find something better for the title. Does it annoy you that you cannot say anything anymore in game?

What are they doing? Is this a English Game and a multiplayer game?!

"Brick Buddy Aeryyeh has a message for you.

Thank you for contacting us about the Global chat feature in LEGO Universe! It's awesome to have you with us in the battle against the Maelstrom.

We have had many reports of the Global Chat system not working properly today. Vanda Darkflame and her team of researchers have uncovered a Maelstrom code that is infecting the communications array! The Development Team are on the case and working with some of Paradoxes greatest scientists to find the source of the Maelstrom Infection and remove it!

We thank you for your patience Explorer and we hope to have all Nexus Force communications working properly soon!

Keep up the great work and together we can defeat the power that is the Maelstrom!

if you have any other questions or need any other help, please contact us again.

May Imagination be with you.

LEGO Universe Support Team"
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :
The chat IS broken!   Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50The chat IS broken!   Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The chat IS broken!   Empty Re: The chat IS broken!

Post by Soundragon 2/2/2011, 3:51 pm

Sim533 wrote:Couldn't find something better for the title. Does it annoy you that you cannot say anything anymore in game?

What are they doing? Is this a English Game and a multiplayer game?!

"Brick Buddy Aeryyeh has a message for you.

Thank you for contacting us about the Global chat feature in LEGO Universe! It's awesome to have you with us in the battle against the Maelstrom.

We have had many reports of the Global Chat system not working properly today. Vanda Darkflame and her team of researchers have uncovered a Maelstrom code that is infecting the communications array! The Development Team are on the case and working with some of Paradoxes greatest scientists to find the source of the Maelstrom Infection and remove it!

We thank you for your patience Explorer and we hope to have all Nexus Force communications working properly soon!

Keep up the great work and together we can defeat the power that is the Maelstrom!

if you have any other questions or need any other help, please contact us again.

May Imagination be with you.

LEGO Universe Support Team"
You know, for an older user, that whole "Maelstrom has everything to do with mistakes we makes" gets a little annoying. Razz

Ah, well. They're busy folks and doin' their best, I'll cut them some slack. But people don't pay $10/mo. to play an MMO without the chat feature. Razz
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :
The chat IS broken!   Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50The chat IS broken!   Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ~-Kodi-~ 2/2/2011, 3:52 pm

What's wrong with the Chat!?
~-Kodi-~
~-Kodi-~
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 1553
MLN Name : Smileytaff
SPAM Bar :
The chat IS broken!   Left_bar_bleue4 / 504 / 50The chat IS broken!   Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-28

Poster! - Bronze Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 2/3/2011, 11:59 am

Yeah I have had some problems with the Global Chat system.. One time I couldn't say "hey"! Very annoying after paying 90 euro for the year.....
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

The chat IS broken!   Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver The chat IS broken!   Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Seemefly 2/3/2011, 2:04 pm

LU still has problems?! Wow.... I helped beta and still?...

Seemefly
Seemefly
Global Moderator in Training

Total posts : 2228
MLN Name : Seemefly

SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-01

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/seemefly.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 2/3/2011, 4:48 pm

LU is a developing game so it will always have problems. I helped in Alpha and Beta so it doesn't really matter because I have came across worse glitches then this.... It should be fixed soon I hope.
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

The chat IS broken!   Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver The chat IS broken!   Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Seemefly 2/3/2011, 4:50 pm

I mean free I understand but... People are paying 50-80 dollars for this game..

I'm glad I didn't buy it like MSRR grandson lost all his Coins! That's must not be good at all!
Seemefly
Seemefly

Total posts : 2228
MLN Name : Seemefly

SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-01

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/seemefly.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 2/3/2011, 6:32 pm

There is a theory in the technical department that some of the retro glitching is caused by players trying to manipulate the game, especially those that do not understand the systems well enough. ..a perfect example of " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".
An example is recent Client manipulation to go back to Beta.
And by doing something like this, they are probably affecting other players like myself and everyone who has paid for the game? Not just in terms of downtime from potential damage, but also in terms of allocation of resources. Hacking like this will certainly get a higher priority than game bugs. Personally I want to see some bugs fixed rather than development resources be allocated to finding ways to prevent players with too much time and a desire to beat the system...
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundragon 2/6/2011, 9:32 am

MsRowdyRedhead wrote:There is a theory in the technical department that some of the retro glitching is caused by players trying to manipulate the game, especially those that do not understand the systems well enough. ..a perfect example of " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".
And by doing something like this, they are probably affecting other players like myself and everyone who has paid for the game? Not just in terms of downtime from potential damage, but also in terms of allocation of resources. Hacking like this will certainly get a higher priority than game bugs. Personally I want to see some bugs fixed rather than development resources be allocated to finding ways to prevent players with too much time and a desire to beat the system...
It's kinda hard to say. I think the servers probably have an autocorrect, like most games, that takes faulty files and fixes them. However, if that's the case, Kelvin either hacked the server or found an extremely dangerous security flaw.
So either the bug isn't related, or it was inadvertently caused, or it was intentionally hacked...

Either way it is very annoying. :/
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 2/6/2011, 10:47 pm

Soundragon wrote:
MsRowdyRedhead wrote:There is a theory in the technical department that some of the retro glitching is caused by players trying to manipulate the game, especially those that do not understand the systems well enough. ..a perfect example of " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".
It's kinda hard to say. I think the servers probably have an autocorrect, like most games, that takes faulty files and fixes them. However, if that's the case, Kelvin either hacked the server or found an extremely dangerous security flaw.
So either the bug isn't related, or it was inadvertently caused, or it was intentionally hacked...

And the TIME the team spends on hackers, they are NOT fixing bugs.
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 2/6/2011, 11:31 pm

MsRowdyRedhead wrote:
Soundragon wrote:

It cannot be a hacker, hackers can only edit there own version. So, they can't do anything with the server and the files of the server.
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 2/7/2011, 2:13 am

Sim533 wrote:
MsRowdyRedhead wrote:
Soundragon wrote:

It cannot be a hacker, hackers can only edit there own version. So, they can't do anything with the server and the files of the server.

BUT the LU tech team has only so many HOURS a day to work. If they spend ANY of them dealing with player made issues, that ROBS the rest of us from them fixing game generated issues... They can only do one at a time, and keeping the game secure is always first.

It is a little bit like a shoplifter, he is not just stealing from the store, he is stealing from all of the customers too, because they will all pay higher prices to make up for the theft...
Does that make sense??
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down