MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium

+3
Seemefly
montego
MsRowdyRedhead
7 posters

Go down

Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Empty Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 10/28/2010, 5:44 pm

On October 27th, 2010, it was reported that Daniel Jezek, the founder of Bricklink.com, had tragically passed away at the age of 33. The release from Bricklink.com is as follows:

Daniel Jezek
1977 - 2010

We regret to announce the sudden and unexpected passing of Dan Jezek, owner and founder of BrickLink.com. Dan will be greatly missed by all of his family and many friends at Bricklink and around the world. A memorial fund is being set up and will be announced at a later date. If you wish to send condolences, you may do so via e-mail to condolences (at) bricklink.com.

The website will continue under the ownership of the Jezek family. Eric Smith, owner of Northstar Computer Systems, will act as BrickLink Administrator. Northstar has been the host for BrickLink for the past decade. The current BrickLink moderators for the various aspects of the site are all continuing in their roles. Troy Ceferatti is resuming his role as Community Overseer.

The site will continue operating without interruption and all Bricklink users – buyers and sellers – can be reassured that the policies and fee structures will remain as before. Please remember Dan in your thoughts and prayers.

His eulogy may be read in the following link: http://www.bricklink.com/danjezek/

Dan's pioneering work in the LEGO community has had an enormous impact on us all. One of the largest and most resourceful LEGO databases on the Internet, Bricklink.com has served as an excellent venue and source for buying LEGO pieces. His unwavering love and dedication to the LEGO hobby shall forever be remembered by the community.

Brothers Brick
Eurobricks

Very sad news, especially about someone so young. Think of the impact that has been made on you by being able to get something that previously would have cost a ton to get by buying a set. I remember my first purchase when it was called Brick Bay and how excited I was to be able to buy a 5 cockpit canopies for under $1 a piece instead of 5 sets at $30 a piece. The world was a better place with him in it. I will keep his family in my prayers.
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :
Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Empty Re: Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium

Post by montego 10/28/2010, 6:05 pm

Very sad news.

I remember the Brick Bay days as well and the legal mess from eBay that forced him to change the name to BrickLink. I would have never found threaded technic axles nor the threaded hubs without him! I have sold plenty on his site and it always seemed much better than eBay not only for the lower selling fees but for reaching a target market as well! What he provided to the lego community was amazing and I think was largely due to his success that LEGO eventually got off their backside and started pick-a-brick in stores and online. The prices on BL beat pick-a-brick everytime and the selection is much better.
montego
montego

Total posts : 62
MLN Name : Montegoe
SPAM Bar :
Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Empty Re: Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium

Post by Seemefly 10/28/2010, 6:24 pm

Wow.... I brought a few things like pepper from island on Bricklink..
Seemefly
Seemefly
Global Moderator in Training
Global Moderator in Training

Total posts : 2228
MLN Name : Seemefly

SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-01

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/seemefly.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Tvguy519 10/28/2010, 7:24 pm

When did he die this year.
Tvguy519
Tvguy519
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Total posts : 2837
MLN Name : Narnia159.
SPAM Bar :
Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Left_bar_bleue3 / 503 / 50Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 10/28/2010, 9:31 pm

That's sad! I have some people i know that order from there,and was planning on ordering stuff from there soon.
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 7070
MLN Name : steelersrule12
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-09-30

Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Empty Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by ndb 10/29/2010, 8:06 am

This news isn't good, but I'm glad to know he made plans for the web site to be passed on.
ndb
ndb
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 605
MLN Name : ndb
SPAM Bar :
Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Left_bar_bleue1 / 501 / 50Daniel Jezek, founder of Bricklink.com Memorium Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Phoenix Command Group

Back to top Go down

Post by PyroTurtle41 10/29/2010, 4:17 pm

That's quite sad. I had never heard of BrickLink before, but perhaps I'll order something, or maybe donate..............the Jezeks will be in my prayers.
PyroTurtle41
PyroTurtle41
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 708
MLN Name : PyroTurtle41
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-02-17

Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-US/PublicView/PyroTurtle41.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum