MLN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEAR DEVALUED!!

+4
Sim533
steelersrule12
Soundragon
MsRowdyRedhead
8 posters

Go down

GEAR DEVALUED!! Empty GEAR DEVALUED!!

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 8/13/2010, 11:11 pm

As most of you who are actively involved in the BETA know, much of our gear has been devalued.
I sent LEGO a letter in protest.
Let's discuss it here.

Happy Friday,
When I posted this http://messageboards.lego.com/en-US/showpost.aspx?PostID=2914515

it NEVER occurred to be that LEGO would respond to requests for better faction gear by DEVALUING the other gear we already paid for! For example, I had a hat that gave me 3 imagination. Now it’s only 1! Obsidian armor that was 3points of shielding is now worthless at 1. Tanks that when purchased were 3 +3.. and are now 1+1! Can I have back the money I paid for this stuff??

It ended up costing me most of my remaining coins as I attempted to fight a dragon with substandard gear. But I was already there when the gear was changed... Now, I am just about broke. I had over 82000 coins. This was a horrible way for LEGO to respond to a suggestion for improvement of faction gear.. Totally unacceptable.We all bought items in good faith to try to accomplish our goals in the game. We worked for hours for accomplishments that would give us better gear. WE followed the rules, and didn't try to get around them. I had a total imagination potential of 27. It is now down to 17 or so. I can no longer help a slow jumper get the Nimbus station Imagination brick. I had a total armor potential of 21. Now it is half that. How can we operate in an atmosphere without trust??

How can you downgrade the value of items we already paid for? They are all pretty much garbage/junk now. There is nothing cool left! I have been testing in good faith since the ALPHA, and I have more time in game than any non staff person I know. I have delighted in helping the kids make their achievements, and in making a few of my own. But without the coins, or the gear I had just a few short days ago, I do not see much potential to do that anymore.

To tell the truth, I am ready to CANCEL my pre-order and walk away forever. You really let me down, LEGO.

What do you guys think?? Was it a good move to make the other gear worse instead of giving more armor and imagination with the faction gear??

MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

Total posts : 2160
SPAM Bar :
GEAR DEVALUED!! Left_bar_bleue0 / 500 / 50GEAR DEVALUED!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-12

Poster! - Silver Lego Universe Team

http://mln.lego.com/en-us/Publicview/MSROWDYREDHEAD.aspx

Back to top Go down

GEAR DEVALUED!! Empty Re: GEAR DEVALUED!!

Post by Soundragon 8/13/2010, 11:15 pm

I haven't actually noticed this...

Then again, I never had THAT high of stats. Razz

I second the problem as serious - however, I won't go so far as to revoke my Pre-order. The game still rocks in my opinion.

But I hope that enough people do get upset about the devalued gear that LEGO is forced into making the gear like it used to be - and then some.
Soundragon
Soundragon
Area moderator
Area moderator

Total posts : 1438
MLN Name : Supersoradude
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-04-10

Staff Member - Bronze                                                             This user is an Area Moderator on the forum Poster! - Bronze Lego Universe Team

http://soundragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 8/13/2010, 11:57 pm

I noticed that actually,it got me mad to. Wink But then again they put the rank 1 gear higher. Suspect What's lego trying to do? I think your e-mail might be a (little) too much but if you edit some things and send it in i am sure they will do so,something.
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Mega Member
Mega Member

Total posts : 7070
MLN Name : steelersrule12
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-09-30

GEAR DEVALUED!! Empty Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Stop Motion Star Wars

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 8/14/2010, 12:21 am

I have not revoked my pre-order, but I am really upset. I ended up fighting the dragon with 1/2 the armor I had when I logged off last week.. and it literally took 5 hours of getting smashed to make the achievement. I lost almost every penny I had, and now my gear is worthless!
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 8/14/2010, 5:12 am

I just saw it too, items aren't good anymore. It makes it all more difficult. However, this is beta and it might turn out to a better version for the official game. Just put this away, you may be happy that you are in beta. Wink
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roddy15 8/14/2010, 9:39 am

My opinion to the whole thing is:

The new title of LU could be:

Con Lego Universe
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Over priced and now they are fiddling with faction gear. Con company now. They should stick to the brick.
Roddy15
Roddy15
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 4839
MLN Name : roddy15
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2010-01-29

GEAR DEVALUED!! Empty Bright Idea - Bronze Poster! - Silver GEAR DEVALUED!! Empty Lego Universe Team Stop Motion Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tithe 8/14/2010, 9:46 am

I don't think I can play LU, but lego was this crazy to do that?!?!

For once, I'm glad I CAN'T play the beta...
Tithe
Tithe

Total posts : 3555
MLN Name : Reesesboy

SPAM Bar :
GEAR DEVALUED!! Left_bar_bleue2 / 502 / 50GEAR DEVALUED!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-04-11

Lego Universe Team Star Wars Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 8/14/2010, 9:05 pm

Most of us in the BETA are testing and reporting, not playing!
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Flipz 8/14/2010, 11:08 pm

They did WHAT?!?!

Well, looks like I won't bother to log into LU again...not until this is changed, anyway.
Flipz
Flipz
Standard Member
Standard Member

Total posts : 563
MLN Name : flipz
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2008-10-16

Lego Universe Team Phoenix Command Group Star Wars

http://mln.lego.com/publicview/flipz.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 8/16/2010, 11:31 pm

I got a reply from LEGO.. The part in bold here was in a second color in the original.

Dear MsRR msrowdyredhead,

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Hi there Explorer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and all the bugs you have found in the game so far.

We can understand that this has had a negative effect on your ability to play the game and your feedback will be escalated.

Your information has been passed on to our Development Team. By sending us this, you are helping us to make LEGO Universe a fun place for everyone.

This "Closed Beta" testing phase helps us ensure our game performs well when it is released. We want to make sure that we provide a fun and exciting experience to our audience - you!

For that reason, we may occasionally release content that isn't fully complete. Performance may be rocky and there will often be no instructions. You may also find that you may be logged out of the game for no apparent reason.

Please continue to explore the game and report any bugs that you come across so that we can forward these to our development team. With your help we can make sure that LEGO Universe is the very best it can be.

If you have any other feedback you’d like to share or if you have any other questions, please contact us again.

LEGO Universe Support Team

Help Request Information:
Help Request #: 15018-57911
Date Created: 8/14/2010 12:02:05 AM
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 8/17/2010, 12:23 am

I think that is a sort of answer that they always use to reply to us. However, they might put it back if too many complains come.
Sim533
Sim533
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Total posts : 6539
SPAM Bar :

Registration date : 2009-12-18

Staff Member - Silver                                                                This user is a Global Moderator on the forum Lego Universe Team Spam Surfers / Dupe Destroyers

http://mylegonetworkblog.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsRowdyRedhead 8/29/2010, 3:13 am

No, now they have made further cutbacks in life points and armor when rebuilding.

I guess it was because a few people on the closed Beta LMB wanted to look cool and talked about how the game was too easy, to make themselves look great.
MsRowdyRedhead
MsRowdyRedhead
Revivor
Revivor

SPAM Bar :

Back to top Go down

Post by Legodude77 8/29/2010, 8:06 am

just like the dragons.People were saying that they were too easy and then they were too hard and now there a little easier.I havn't played LU in a while so......I dont think i will buy the pre-order.
Legodude77
Legodude77
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Total posts : 1443
MLN Name : LegoDude7777
SPAM Bar :
GEAR DEVALUED!! Left_bar_bleue1 / 501 / 50GEAR DEVALUED!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-17

Lego Universe Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum